When given the opportunity to do an exterior space at the Iconic Haus, our focus was to create an unforgettable outdoor experience. We wanted the space to be beautiful, functional and fun! Outdoor living in Arizona is just as important as indoors, so we designed a space where people could take advantage of our glorious weather and easily transition between the indoor and outdoor spaces. We chose black furnishings for contrast against the white background of the home and to bring visual interest, without taking away from the beautiful desert surroundings. In addition, the different textures of the fabrics and rugs give depth and dimension to the space. An outdoor ping pong table and corn-hole boards provide fun and entertainment for all ages! If you just need to put your feet up and relax, the fire pit provides the perfect place to sit and visit with friends. And, of course if you’re thirsty, just grab a seat at the bar and watch the big game.
Black Ink Interiors is an award-winning, luxury, residential design firm based in Scottsdale, Arizona. We specialize in creating personalized interiors for our clients based on their functional needs, lifestyle and aesthetic preferences. We serve clients in Arizona and throughout the United States, offering full-service interior design, spanning new construction and renovations to custom furnishings and home styling.
Black Ink Interiors was founded upon, and is anchored by, our five core principles:
• Quality Design: We deliver custom, luxurious and functional designs through the use of high-quality materials, furnishings and accessories and through strong trade partnerships.
• Exceptional Service: Our mission is to deliver value to our clients far beyond the services and products we offer through an unwavering commitment to client service.
• Mutual Relationships: We believe that strong and enduring relationships are the result of each party benefiting from the relationship.
• Efficient Delivery: Through detailed processes and systems we ensure that our time is spent doing the most important activities in order to deliver the most value to our clients.
• Fun: We love what we do, and we like to have fun while doing it. We aim to infuse that joy into all of our interactions with our clients, trade partners and associates.
Black Ink Interiors was founded by Jenny Slingerland. Jenny has more than 15 years of design experience, and her work has appeared on Houzz TV and in local Arizona publications. Prior to founding Black Ink Interiors, Jenny was an in-house designer for custom home builders in Utah and Nevada, where she developed her love for working with architects, builders and clients and deepened her understanding of the vital role an interior designer plays in delivering amazing homes from the ground up.
"Love color. Take risks. Stay curious." – Kelly Wearstler
Dining Table & Chairs
Ping Pong Table
Expansive Glass and Sliders
We hope you enjoyed a few quiet moments of living beautifully gazing through our virtual lCONIC HAUS, a luxury designer showhouse designed to raise money for The Heart Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital. If you feel inspired, you can support PCH here. Thank you!