Mario Lopez is a man with many talents. The television host and actor most known as A.C. Slater on “Saved by the Bell” is headed to Scottsdale this weekend to host the first annual Cinco de Mario festival. We caught up with him for a little game of 20 questions to see what life is like these days for the father or two.
1. WHAT ARE MORNINGS IN YOUR HOUSE LIKE?
They’re always chaotic with the kids but it’s the best too because everyone’s in a good mood, there’s no drama yet, everyone’s happy and I love getting to see them before I go to work.
2. HOW DO YOU JUGGLE TIME BETWEEN YOUR FAMILY AND WORK ENGAGEMENTS?
I just do. I prioritize, I try to incorporate them a lot with work and I bring them with me. Recently I brought them with me to New Orleans for Wrestle Mania and that was a lot of fun.
3. FROM HOSTING TO ACTING AND MORE, YOUR CAREER HAS RUN QUITE THE GAMUT. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST?
I like it all; whether you’re singing, dancing, acting but hosting is the most fun for me whether it’s hosting at my house or TV shows or radio shows.
4. ANY NEW PROJECTS ON THE HORIZON WE SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR?
There’s some exciting stuff brewing but for now watch EXTRA every night and listen to me On with Mario Lopez on iHeartRadio.
5. WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO AT CINCO DE MARIO?
I love the city of Scottsdale and love being able to go to a place that knows how to party. There’s always great weather and Scottsdale is just known for having fun and wonderful people so I’m hoping this becomes an annual tradition.
Food, entertainment and more at the first annual Cinco de Mario.
Now on to the fun stuff…
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF TACO?
I love tacos de lengua, tongue tacos.
7. LAST BOOK YOU READ?
The Four Agreements.
8. IF YOU COULD BE ANY ANIMAL…
My dog Julio, the French bulldog because he has the best life. He just sleeps and chills and gets taken care of.
9. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR…
I like coffee ice cream.
10. WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
Watching movies and TV and eating popcorn.
11. WHO WOULD PLAY YOU IN A MOVIE?
12. MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON?
13. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
People who are disingenuous and fake.
14. THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF:
Fun, loyal and happy.
15. IF YOU COULD TRADE LIVES WITH ANYONE FOR A DAY?
I’d trade lives with The President just to see all the drama that goes on in the White House.
16. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW?
17. COFFEE OR TEA?
18. SUNSET OR SUNRISE?
19. WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE?
20. WHAT IS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE YOU CONSIDER ICONIC?
Come meet and mingle with Mario Lopez at the first annual Cinco de Mario at Scottsdale Civic Center Plaza. The all-day festival hosted by Experience Scottsdale and The City of Scottsdale includes plenty of food, beverages, entertainment, an authentic mercado, mariachis, a kid’s craft area and more! There will also be a craft beer cantina, rosé wine garden and, of course, Mario Lopez. Upgrade to VIP where you’ll be able to watch the Kentucky Derby.